Wonderful Maglite


In the past I've found expensive headlights lasted no longer than the cheapest Eveready ones at Wal-Mart.  But I recently picked up this Mini MagLITE that has a very powerful 3 watt LED and a multi-mode switch.  Twist it once for full power, twist it again for 25% power, again for regular flash like your life vest strobe has, and again for a true SOS strobe.  

It is not a coast Guard Approved visual distress signal (VDF), but it could be some day.  I've had Coast Guard Approved signals that were not as well made as this light and I've had a few of my VDF's fail when tested.  Another problem is that this thing does not float.  So you may want to keep a tether on it.  Your results may vary. Don't get tangled in a tether you cannot break in the surf....

I got mine at Wal-Mart, lot of other places sell them.


No comments:

Post a Comment