Kayak Racing instead of Tripping


We had a blast at the French Broad Classique Canoe and Kayak Race! At first I was hesitant to join a race with so many fast paddlers, but it seemed like a great way to see the French Broad and I would get a shuttle, a T shirt, and a Great picnic dinner all for a great price.  I called Tom and he said not to worry about being slow they would wait for me, so I entered.  It was great paddling down the river and I was less than an hour behind the course record!  That did not seem like a bad time for a first time racer and the picnic was great.  

The paddling was great and I want to go back to the Asheville Outdoor Center and paddle some more.  The scenery was wonderful and it is a beautiful river. The river was really fast so if you go soon you can paddle 18 miles in less than 3 hours!

It seems these races are happy to have people at any level and it is a really good time even if you are not competitive.  For me it was the first time I've paddled that far without getting out and stretching at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment