Yoga Strikes Again!

I just saw this link to the Yoga poses all of us should be doing to be paddlers:

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/water-activities/paddling/The-Best-Poses-For-Kayakers-Revolved-Utkatasana-20120615.html


While I really do admire the skill, flexibility and fitness level of these Yogis. I don't think this is the way to begin increasing your flexibility.  After doing easy Tai Chi warm up exercises for about a year or so, I think I might be able to pull of some of these poses, but only after I have really worked at limbering up.

Just once I'd like to see some Yoga that is practical for the beginning paddler.  None of the strong paddlers I know do these poses before a 20 plus mile day.

If you know of some beginning Yoga to try before a paddle I'd love to learn about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment